HISTORY

Happy Hollow was once also known as McLeod's Amusement Park and served as one of Hot Springs’s most popular tourist attractions from the late 1800s until the 1940s. It was located at the head of Fountain Street, just off Central Avenue, and north of Hot Springs Mountain.  Happy Hollow began as a picture studio. The amusement park complex gradually developed from McLeod’s vision. Norman McLeod owned Happy Hollow until 1908, when he sold the property.  Today, all that remains are the Happy Hollow Springs on the southeast slope of North Mountain and the Happy Hollow Motel has the "happy" distinction of preserving the name.

HOTEL

Once a groovy art deco motor court, Happy Hollow is surrounded by Hot Springs National Park and neighbors the Happy Hollow Spring, which many believe to be the best water in town. There is hiking trail access directly across the street.  Newly Renovated, non-smoking rooms with mountain views await you.

 

Amenities

  • Coffee Maker in Room
  • Kitchenette
  • Pet Friendly
  • Refrigerator/Microwave in Room
231 Fountain Street
Hot Springs, AR 71901
501-321-2230
Website