Summer is the perfect time for slowing down and traveling – even time traveling! And that is just what you can do when you visit Hot Springs Movies at the Market showing at The Hot Springs Historical Farmers Market. Each Thursday night in June and July you are invited to travel back to a time when life moved at a slower pace, and when families and friends all loaded up in the car and went to watch movies in the great outdoors, enjoying great company and entertainment.
Planning a trip to Arkansas for the outdoor enthusiast.
Nestled in the Ouachita Mountains, Hot Springs, Arkansas, is an outdoor paradise. Here are some places to see and things to do for the ultimate outdoor enthusiast:
- Lake Catherine is best known for its fishing opportunities. The lake is rich in bass, crappie, catfish, walleye and bream. Below the dam, there is great rainbow trout fishing. The lake’s marina provides boat and canoe rentals.
- Lake Catherine State Park offers cabins and campsites, as well as guided hikes, boat tours, boat ramps, picnic areas, playgrounds, and more.
- Lake Hamilton is one of Arkansas’s most popular lakes. The lake features numerous resorts, condos, and homes. Tubing, jet skiing, and waterskiing are popular, as well as fishing and boating. National Park Duck Tours and the Belle of Hot Springs riverboat operate on Lake Hamilton. Garvan Woodland Gardens is located on a 210-acre peninsula on the lake and is accessible by boat.
- Lake Ouachita is Arkansas’s largest lake and one of the cleanest lakes in the country. Fishing, boating, sailing, and water sports are popular activities. Marinas, resorts and cabins dot the lake.
- Located on the lake’s eastern shore is Lake Ouachita State Park, offering cabins and campsites as well as hiking and biking trails, boat rentals, picnic areas, and more.
- The 36-mile Lake Ouachita Vista Trail is a popular destination among hikers and mountain bikers.
- The 38-mile Womble Trail, recognized by the International Mountain Biking Association as an “Epic” ride, is located in nearby Mount Ida.
Many iconic things come to mind when you picture visiting Hot Springs including the horse races at Oaklawn and Bathhouse Row. But there's so much more to the Spa City! Consider this a sort of Hot Springs bucket list - you might not be able to do everything on the list in one trip, but it's a fun way explore the city over and over again. Where will you start? In no particular order, here are 51 fun things to do in Hot Springs.