One of the best things about summertime is being able to sit outside, drink an ice cold drink, and enjoy a good meal with friends and family and what better place to do that than the Spa City? If you are looking for the perfect place to dine alfresco in Hot Springs this summer you have come to the right place. In no particular order, here are 12 alfresco restaurants in Hot Springs.
Planning a trip to Arkansas for the outdoor enthusiast.
Nestled in the Ouachita Mountains, Hot Springs, Arkansas, is an outdoor paradise. Here are some places to see and things to do for the ultimate outdoor enthusiast:
- Lake Catherine is best known for its fishing opportunities. The lake is rich in bass, crappie, catfish, walleye and bream. Below the dam, there is great rainbow trout fishing. The lake’s marina provides boat and canoe rentals.
- Lake Catherine State Park offers cabins and campsites, as well as guided hikes, boat tours, boat ramps, picnic areas, playgrounds, and more.
- Lake Hamilton is one of Arkansas’s most popular lakes. The lake features numerous resorts, condos, and homes. Tubing, jet skiing, and waterskiing are popular, as well as fishing and boating. National Park Duck Tours and the Belle of Hot Springs riverboat operate on Lake Hamilton. Garvan Woodland Gardens is located on a 210-acre peninsula on the lake and is accessible by boat.
- Lake Ouachita is Arkansas’s largest lake and one of the cleanest lakes in the country. Fishing, boating, sailing, and water sports are popular activities. Marinas, resorts and cabins dot the lake.
- Located on the lake’s eastern shore is Lake Ouachita State Park, offering cabins and campsites as well as hiking and biking trails, boat rentals, picnic areas, and more.
- The 36-mile Lake Ouachita Vista Trail is a popular destination among hikers and mountain bikers.
- The 38-mile Womble Trail, recognized by the International Mountain Biking Association as an “Epic” ride, is located in nearby Mount Ida.
Summer is the perfect time for slowing down and traveling – even time traveling! And that is just what you can do when you visit Hot Springs Movies at the Market showing at The Hot Springs Historical Farmers Market. Each Thursday night in June and July you are invited to travel back to a time when life moved at a slower pace, and when families and friends all loaded up in the car and went to watch movies in the great outdoors, enjoying great company and entertainment.